JAY M. SHENAQ, MD, FACS
- Why Dr. Shenaq?
- In the News
- Honors & Awards
- Certifications & Education
- Memberships & Board Leadership
- Publications, Speaking & Teaching
Jay M. Shenaq, M.D. is an internationally recognized, board-certified plastic surgeon. His extensive experience and philosophy of comprehensive compassionate care has won him the acclaim of thousands of happy patients. He specializes in breast surgeries, such as enhancement and reconstruction, body contouring procedures like tummy tucks, and facial cosmetic surgery.
- America’s Top Plastic Surgeons 2010
- Houstonia Magazine – Our Best Doctors
- Houstonia Top Doctors 2013
- Houston’s Magazine – Top Docs for Women
- Consumer’s Research Council of America
- Patient’s Choice Award 2008
- Patient’s Choice Award 2009
- Patient’s Choice Award 2010
- Patient’s Choice Award – 5 Year Honoree
Dr. Shenaq has a wealth of experience and extensive training in advanced surgical techniques. After medical school, he completed nine additional years of advanced training and research. In over 18 years of private practice, Dr. Shenaq’s expertise has been recognized with wide acclaim by his peers.
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
Advanced Surgical Training – 9 Extra Years:
- Plastic Surgery – Baylor College of Medicine
- General Surgery – Sinai Hospital of Detroit
- General Surgery – Baylor College of Medicine
Dr. Shenaq is a member of many professional societies including the two most prestigious in plastic surgery: the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. He has assumed many leadership roles during his career and currently serves on the board of the Harris County Medical Society.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Houston Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- Harris County Medical Society
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery
- American Society for Peripheral Nerve Surgery
An accomplished and internationally recognized researcher, Dr. Shenaq’s work has been published in multiple medical journals, and he has been invited to speak and share his techniques at international surgical conferences.
Additionally, he is affiliated with the Weill Cornell Medical College in New York City as a clinical assistant professor.